We are looking for a Support Engineer to focus on resolving customer issues. This individual will be responsible for effectively documenting and communicating solutions and will work directly with customers.
A Little About Us
Our product, Cypress.io, is a revolutionary open source testing tool built from the ground up that is used and loved by more than 20,000 developers and QA engineers across the globe. We are a predominantly open source company, and your work will be credited, recognized, and visible to anyone who uses us. We believe in creating a tool, a service, and a community that helps everyone. We know that to be successful, we have to enable both our employees and our users to contribute to our work in a distributed, geographically dispersed way. Our own engineering team is 50% remote, spread across the United States.
- Resolve customer’s issues via email, chat, and web channels
- Troubleshoot, debug, and reproduce customer issues in a timely manner
- Become an expert in all of Cypress’s products and services.
- Work directly with customers to correctly implement Cypress’ products
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with our development team to resolve advanced issues and bugs
- Analyze code to find and correct problems and limitations
- Effectively communicate resolution plans, progress, and status of incidents
- Create documentation of solutions used (workarounds, procedures, etc.)
- Develop automated workflows for normal, repetitive support tasks
- Leverage team knowledge, documentation, and other information sources to help solve problems
- A good understanding of how web applications are built and work
- Naturally curious about identifying and debugging code
- Ability to clearly explain concepts and produce example code that complements your explanation
- General knowledge of OS's (including Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Ability to convey technical information at an appropriate level for the audience
- Empathize, advocate for, and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Respect and maintain customer and partner confidentiality
- Ability to work with partial information, and good judgment on when to ask questions and when to run independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.